The purpose of the Innovation focus within the Economic Development Collaborative is to Encourage innovation ("loonshots"), appropriate risk-taking, creative problem solving, basic and applied research, and support the entrepreneurial ecosystem locally and statewide.
Innovation Subcommittee Objectives
- Continue to develop UK Innovate: showcasing across campus that innovation and entrepreneurship are important to UK and played a significant role in shaping the new strategic plan — specifically in the Inspiring Ingenuity category
- Form a consortium around the metals industry
- Utilize the Build Back Better grant to aid in the health of the Commonwealth— UK was one of 60 recipients for the Phase 1 EDA (Economic Development Administration) Build Back better grant focused on building an agricultural research facility in Eastern Kentucky
- Continue the conversation across our campus about the importance of removing bias and being more inclusive in the type of activities that we consider important for promotion tenure as we look at the pursuit of knowledge through innovation and entrepreneurship
- Carry on with Promotion and Tenure — Innovation and Entrepreneurship (PTIE) efforts