The purpose of the Place focus within the Economic Development Collaborative is to plan, design, and manage UK’s physical resources including the main campus, the Coldstream Research Campus, and the future development of the Innovation District. Support place-making in communities throughout the Commonwealth.
Place Subcommittee Objectives
- Provide support in the wake of the 2021 Western KY tornados around housing, business redevelopment, and community readiness and response to the disaster. This complements Cooperative Extension and the KY Small Business Development Center's local responses
- Lead a national effort to create a rural placemaking toolkit and to host an event in May 2022 that is open to communities around the country. USDA Rural Development is funding this effort. You can access the toolkit here
- Work to connect the relationship between economic development and health continues through the Center for Rural Health and Economic Analysis
- Continue the rollout of bludotKY around the state. This is a statewide customer relationship management platform to improve business retention and expansion
- Support the education of our economic development professionals around the Commonwealth. In August 2022 we will be offering in person and advanced courses in marketing, finance, disaster preparation and response, grant writing and diversity equity and inclusion in through the KY Institute for Economic Development. Economic development certification through the Kentucky Association for Economic Development (KAED) will continue in partnership with CEDIK.