The purpose of the Talent focus within the Economic Development Collaborative is to catalyze new job growth and create a talent pipeline for UK students and alumni for job openings in the Commonwealth. It also includes creating a culture of life-long learning throughout the university and communicating appropriate information back to the colleges and departments.
Talent Subcommittee Objectives
- Partner with Commerce Lexington and local government agencies on initiatives related to ‘Talent’ that leverage federal economic stimulus funds
- Collaborate with the other subcommittees on ways that the UK can help meet critical hiring needs for the University, the region, and the state by attracting talent from outside the state
- Participate in North Carolina State University’s (A2i) Accelerate 2 Industry training for university partners, which is designed to help universities better position graduate students and postdoctoral scholars for career opportunities in the industry
- Support the Alumni Association’s rollout of the Wildcat Network platform – a hub for connecting alumni, students, and the campus community, with a concentrated focus on mentorship
- Talent development and career pathway support for UK employees
- Collaborate with faculty and campus principals tasked with updating the UK Core Curriculum and initiating the Council on Postsecondary Education's ‘employability skills’ into the student experience